Skip to main content

My AI Self-Declaration: Four Letters to Make Delegation Visible

“Did you use AI?” A simple yes or no tells us very little. AI can help refine a sentence, challenge an argument, produce an entire analysis, or execute a complete task. These uses involve different degrees of human engagement. 

I use now a simple AI self-declaration, inspired visually by Nutri-Score: four letters, four colours, four delegation modes. Attached to a text, presentation, image, or student assignment, the label makes the human contribution more explicit.

🟢 H — Human: No AI tools used.
I perform the work without AI assistance. The reasoning, production, and revisions are mine. This mode is particularly relevant when the purpose is to demonstrate an independent human capability.

🔵 P — Pilot: Human piloted AI.
I retain intellectual direction. I frame the question, develop the reasoning, and decide what to accept or reject. AI supports my work through suggestions, alternatives, or criticism. I remain able to explain and defend the argument.

🟠 O — Operator: Human operated AI.
I ask AI to produce the work and focus on managing its output. I specify requirements, inspect the result, request corrections, and select what to use. My contribution centres on controlling production; more of the underlying reasoning is delegated.

🔴 A — AI alone: Fully delegated to AI.
I delegate the task’s execution to AI, with minimal substantive intervention. The resulting artefact primarily demonstrates the system’s performance. Choosing to publish or use it still carries human responsibility.

The distinction matters in education, as I have developed recently in another article on my blog. My reflection on assessment robustness asks whether an evaluation still measures the intended human competence when AI participates. A polished result alone cannot settle that question.

These labels declare a working mode. They do not certify accuracy, quality, or learning. Green does not guarantee a sound argument; red does not automatically mean an inappropriate use.

For mixed workflows, I can label individual components and briefly explain the division of work: “Analysis: P. Illustrations: O.” The declaration becomes more useful when it names what was delegated.

The purpose is simple: make visible what I did, what I delegated, and what I can personally stand behind. 






Popular posts from this blog

An Ethical Framework for Exams and Continuous Assessment with AI

Throughout the history of education, a multitude of diverse and even contentious methodologies have been employed to assess knowledge and aptitude. Several assessment methods have been employed, ranging from oral examinations to written tests, all with the overarching objective of discerning the extent to which students comprehend the subject matter in a manner that is equitable, comprehensive, and optimal. In the present context, amidst the cusp of a forthcoming epoch, the ongoing discourse persists, albeit with a futuristic inclination. The emergence of Artificial Intelligence (AI) has brought about transformative changes in the field of education, revolutionizing the tools and methodologies employed for assessment and evaluation. As we transition into this emerging era, it is crucial to discuss the implications for the fundamental principles and ideals of education. The conventional methods of assessment, commonly characterized by high-stakes examinations and standardized tests, ha...

12 Prompts Intellectuellement Sobres

Nous avons tendance à projeter sur l'IA une intériorité qu'elle n'a pas. Le risque ? Confondre le miroir avec la lumière. Quand nous demandons à l'IA de ressentir, de conseiller ou de juger, nous abdiquons notre propre discernement. Avec un prompt intellectuellement sobre, je reste le sujet qui demande ; l'IA reste l'instrument qui opère dans l'espace qui lui est propre : celui de l'information. Chaque reformulation dans les exemples ci-dessous illustre un même geste  retirer de la requête ce qui projette sur la machine une intériorité qu'elle ne possède pas, et y replacer ce qui affirme ma souveraineté de sujet pensant, décidant, existant. Expliqué avec les termes de mon modèle SPAghettI cela revient à retirer de la requête ce qui attribue à l'IA une intériorité (P), un accès à l'Être (S), ou une capacité de jugement moral — et y replacer une demande instrumentale précise qui la maintient dans son domaine propre (I). Nous ne projetons pas d...

La Sobriété Intellectuelle appliquée à l’économie et à l’entreprise

La Sobriété Intellectuelle   désigne une posture de modération et de lucidité dans l’usage de l’intelligence – qu’elle soit humaine ou artificielle – appliquée au contexte économique et managérial. À l’heure où l’ intelligence artificielle (IA)   s’immisce dans l’analyse stratégique, la prise de décision économique et le management, cette sobriété se pose en contrepoids salutaire à l’enthousiasme parfois débridé pour la technologie. Par   sobriété , on entend une forme de   tempérance intellectuelle   : éviter l’ivresse des données, le   solutionnisme technologique   à tout crin, et garder un esprit critique humble face aux promesses de l’IA. Il s’agit de reconnaître les   limites cognitives   humaines (biais, vulnérabilités, tendance à surestimer nos modèles) et les limites des machines, afin de ne pas tomber dans l’excès de confiance ou la dépendance aveugle aux algorithmes. Thomas Steiner  - avec le concours incontesté de quelques out...